We have pondering for the past 2-3 months if we should switch Eunice to another infant care centre near our place.
We visited the open house for the 2nd time last Saturday. Needless to say, BR is more organised than Well. They provide diapers, body wash, cotton balls to wipe butt butt, cereals plus 2 meals per day. I've also received positive feedback about BR. Plus any one of the 3 lady proprietors are always at the centre.
BR also has Kindermusik (http://www.kindermusik.com.sg/). We attended 2 trial sessions before. A more structured programme may be beneficial for baby's development.
At Well, I was appalled when I asked the staff one day how come Eunice wasn't fed fruits. She gave the lamest answer, 'Most of the babies are sick, so we didn't buy fruits today.' I also came to realise that the bananas fed to her were actually bought by Eunice's 'god-grandma', actually for her personal consumption. 'God-grandma' is one of the caregivers at Well. She specially dotes on Eunice. When Eunice arrives at the centre, she will 'forsake' the other babies to come and whisk her from me. She even jokingly said she wanted to bring Eunice home. Oops, I digressed.....after that day, we had to bring our own fruits.
In terms of facilities and quality care, BR was more impressive than Well. But really, I realise what the term 'ties that bind' means.
If Eunice were to stay on at Well, it'll be the attachments that she has built with the caregivers and friends there.
We have up to end of this month to decide........
No comments:
Post a Comment