'Today marks the start of the 2 months.' Had wanted to post this status on FB but I had better be sensitive and sensible.
Usual monthly meeting this morning to report on progress. I sat listening at the corner and discussion about the topics were ongoing. A lot of hypotheses - what, why and how, where. No one had any concrete answers, all speculations. To a jaded me, we might just be going after something that is non-existent. At the end of the day, I might not have made any significant, blockbuster breakthrough, but management doesn't dismiss my earnest hard work. R&D is like that, it takes years to achieve tangible rewards? So just do it, persevere. Is this what I want, really?
While sitting there, I knew this is not I want - chasing after the end of the rainbow and thinking there is a pot of gold awaiting. It just sealed my decision, even though I have to leave a good boss. Gone are the aspirations, passion and drive of a younger freshie.
No comments:
Post a Comment